Flex Shaft Casings
A Flexible Shaft casing serves many purposes, all essential to the accurate operation of practically every type of Flexible Shaft. For example, the casings
- protect the shaft from moisture, dust and dirt while retaining lubrication
- prevent injury to the operator by contact with an unprotected rotating shaft at high speed
- provide a continuous guide for the enclosed shaft for smooth operation
- prevent the shaft from helixing, or looping, during operation under torsional loads
- control the bending of the enclosed shaft by guiding it into more natural and gradual bends while limiting how tight a bend radius it can achieve
S.S. White manufactures two standard types of casings. However, to meet special requirements, S.S. White can also provide other types of casings.